GILC Meeting in
GRS will be present at this year’s GILC (Gemstone Industry & Laboratory Conference) in Tucson. The main discussion points will be relating to color and origin of gemstones with the following topics:
- The validity and necessity of terms such as Pigeon Blood, Royal Blue, etc.
- Validity and necessity for African Paraiba tourmaline.
- Update on the nomenclature for Australian opal.
Dr. A. Peretti will be speaking on behalf of GRS. The session will be moderated by ICA board member and Secretary Bruce Bridges and will include short contributions by:
- Jeffrey Bilgore, President of AGTA
- Christopher Smith, American Gemological Laboratories, AGL (New York)
- Dr. Adolf Peretti, GRS GemResearch Swisslab (Switzerland)
- Dr. Laurent Cartier, Swiss Gemmological Institute, SSEF (Switzerland)
- Dr. Lore Kiefert, Gubelin Gem Laboratories (Switzerland)
- Andrew Cody, representative of the Australian Opal Association.
The event will be held on Monday, 29 January 2018 at the Tucson Convention Center. Start 9:30am to 1pm.
© 2022, GRS GemResearch Swisslab AG